I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Bucket List Publications and her latest post was about Biplane rides and I really wanted to share my bucket list.
A couple years ago I was pretty depressed because I felt like my life wasn’t turning out the way I had envisioned while in high school. You know the feeling, you do everything you were supposed to do: get good grades, take gifted/AP classes, join extra-curricular clubs, play sports, get a scholarship, go to college, repeat, and if you do this then you’ll be successful and happy. I hate to shit on that parade but it’s just not true for everyone. Some people will succeed and get great jobs and they probably deserve it but there’s a lot of people my age who also deserve those things and it’s just not happening. So to make a short story long, I made a bucket list as something I could look forward to that would allow me to feel like I was accomplishing things.
The goal is to check off at least one thing a year but I’ve found myself continually adding things to the list.
The official list of Amy E:
Things to do before I die:
– see all 7 continent
– sky dive
✓ scuba dive
– travel on a train
– camp for a week
✓ run a 5K
– drive across the US (from Fl to Cali)
✓ be in a professional photoshoot
✓ swim in a lake (I have an illogical fear on swimming in murky water)
– have a foundation named after me
– ride an elephant
✓ go to Mardis Gras in New Orleans (there’s a crappy Mardis Gras at Universal Studios)
– be in a movie
– visit the 7 wonders of the ancient world
– see the northern lights
✓ donate to locks of love
– start my own business
– build a snowman ( A Frosty snowman, not a crappy under-the-car-snow snowman)
– visit area 51 and be asked to leave
– join the peace corps
– attend the Olympics (the next summer one is in Brazil if someone wants to sponsor me *bats eyes*)
– attend Oktoberfest in Germany
– ride in a hot air balloon
– swim with dolphins (cliche but whatever)
– be CPR certified
– party at Rio Carnival
– go to Burning Man
What’s on your bucket list and what have you been able to cross off? I want to see pictures!